Life has been busyyyy ya'll, somehow between moving, traveling, and working, I managed to open my eyes and realize that it's mid-June. Like, what? It's wild how time flies, but I couldn't be happier that summer is here! Bring on the camping trips, patio happy hours, and BBQs, baby! Easily one of my favorite things about summer is how easy it is to get dressed - And, as much as I do love a good layering situation in the chillier months, you really can't beat the ease of throwing on a sundress or a jumpsuit for a summer event. Effortless style.
Jumpsuits have definitely become more 'mainstream fashion' (whatever that means) these days and are available in SO many different colors, prints, cuts and styles from all of our favorite retailers. It's now acceptable (and v chic) to wear a dressy jumpsuit to a wedding, and equally acceptable to wear a comfy, sweatsuit-y jumpsuit (a onesie) in public - The world is our jumpsuit oyster, girls! So while jumpsuits continue to have their moment in the sun of summer 2018, I thought it apt to share a few of my favorites with all of you!
First up, is this super sweet romper from American Eagle - Which, by the way, is on sale for $18 through the weekend! Eighteen. Dollars. Probably buy it. Now. I LOVE how girly this romper is! The fabric is lightweight and flowy, so it's perfect for summer and could definitely be dressed up if you were going to an event. The ruffle detailing at the neck and hemline, v-front and back, and tie waist all work together to make this baby super flattering, plus... #pockets! I recommend sizing down (I ordered a medium, but a small would have fit a bit better) - Scoop it up! The rest of my favs are linked up below - All are under $100!
1. This wide-leg jumpsuit is also from American Eagle and under $25 (they're having a sale, btw!) - Probably going to order this one! Adorbs for summer but could easily be topped with a denim or leather jacket and carried on into fall.
2. Also from AE, this romper is just under $50 and so, so cute! I love the chambray fabric with sweet little dots and ruffles - I also love the surplice cut of the top.. so flattering!
4. I love the relaxed, boho feel of this jumpsuit! Under $60, and would be so cute for a day at the park or an outdoor concert! Looks so comfy, too!
5. Striped. Strapless. Wide-leg jumpsuit. This style jumpsuit has kind of become a classic, and has definitely earned the right to be part of our summer wardrobe repertoire. I love the white and blue stripe for a beachy feel - Just add a straw hat and some sunnies!
7. This chambray jumpsuit from ASOS is another piece that could carry you from summer into fall! The off-the-shoulder smocked top is SO in right now! You could pair with slides and a basket bag for summer and in the fall top with a big slouchy sweater, adorable!
8. I love the print on this strappy little romper from ASOS! This would be so cute on vacay - A good tan and a tropical drink are all you'll need to accessorize this beauty.
9. Ending with this stunner of a jumpsuit from Nordstrom - This piece definitely falls into the 'dressy jumpsuit' category, but still has a price point under $100. I love the contrast of the flouncy off-the-shoulder top with the fitted bodice and pants - It looks super flattering! The red would be killer for an event or wedding guest attire and the white would be perfect for a bridal occasion. Just add some statement earrings and your best girlfriend for zipping and unzipping in the ladies room - Sometimes we must make sacrifices in the name of style, girls.